How to Install Asp.net MVC 2.0

I was playing around Visual Studio 2008 a couple days back, my co worker who is assigned in the web development department caught my eye. I was curious on what he was doing and asked him questions about Asp.Net MVC, if it was a third party framework like spring.net, it turns out Microsoft is the one releasing this framework, but a community is maintaining the code which I thought was a good thing. Prior to this I have already used CAKEPHP which is also an MVC framework. I got excited and asked more about it.

To Install Asp.net MVC follow this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C9BA1FE1-3BA8-439A-9E21-DEF90A8615A9&displaylang=en

requirements:
SP1 of visual studio 2008
at least .Net 3.5 framework
Supported OS: XP windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7

I ran into a problem regarding with the project not appearing on the selection menu which is described here.

You need to select:
File->New->Project

Instead of selecting from:
File->New->Web Site
which will only give you the following selection:

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.